The 2013 ih+hs Mobile App is now available for download from iTunes and Google Play. The app, which is a direct link to Housewares Connect 365, IHA’s online web-based online industry search tool, offers several new features to help International Home + Housewares Show attendees make their show visit more productive, including:
- A QR Code reader has been added to the main menu so users can scan QR codes when in the booth.
- The app has a search capability for brands and licenses.
- The Search icon on the main menu works like a “key word” search and will look through exhibitor information, as well as all Show information to find a match.
- The Search field on the “All Exhibitors” page searches for a match on a company name.
- Exhibitor listings include additional contact information.
If a user adds motes to an exhibitor’s record or to an agenda appointment, they can export the text of all their motes and email it to themselves.
Buyers can use the 2013 ih+hs app to search for exhibitor booths as well as create a customized show floor plan of exhibitors to visit. The app also allows buyers and other attendees to search for information on show educational events and displays and Cooking Theater appearances, as well as locate show services such as coat check or restaurant facilities. In addition, it offers access to real-time social media feeds through Twitter and Facebook.
The 2013 International Home + Housewares Show will feature 2,100 exhibitors and attracts more than 60,000 attendees. This year the show opens at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 2 and closes at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5. TMore information is available online.