Sprouts Farmers Market will open its first store in the Houston area in March -- a 25,000-square-foot store in Katy, Texas. It is the Phoenix-based natural food retailer's 24th location in the Lone Star state and the first of five planned for the area.
“We’re incredibly excited to open our first store in the Houston area,” said Sprouts president and CEO Doug Sanders. “We’re looking forward to bringing our unique, ‘Healthy Living for Less’ approach to grocery shopping to Katy and the surrounding communities. We’re also looking forward to meeting all of our new neighbors. Sprouts has a deep commitment to serving each community we live in. We believe in giving back by supporting local non-profit and educational groups that share our goals of improved health, nutrition and fitness.”
Sprouts’ community involvement includes:
- Donating unsold and edible, but not marketable, groceries to local area hunger relief agencies and charities as part of its local Food Rescue program.
- Participating in the Scrip fundraising program, helping non-profit organizations raise money. This popular fundraising program invites non-profit organizations to buy Sprouts gift cards at a 5 percent discounted rate and then re-sell the gift cards at full price.
- Making regular in-kind donations to local community causes that address healthy living and eating for children and families. The vast majority of donations are made at the store level, in the form of food donations or gift cards, to qualifying organizations that are aligned with its goals.
- Encouraging Sprouts employees to help people and organizations in need.
- Raising money for autism research through a multifaceted program with Autism Speaks and the Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center.
- Promoting Sprouts’ annual Grab ’n Give holiday food drive to help feed the hungry in local communities.
Sprouts is a neighborhood grocery store with the feel of an old-fashioned farmers market, featuring prominently displayed fresh fruits and vegetables, barrels of wholesome grains, nuts and sweets, full-service deli, meat and seafood counters – complete with beef and sausages ground in-store.
The store’s aisles showcase fresh baked goods, beer and wine, specialty cheese, vitamins and supplements, and thousands of natural, organic and gluten-free foods.
Of Sprouts’ 23 stores in Texas, four are in Austin; three in San Antonio; two in Dallas; and one each in Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Coppell, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Lubbock, McAllen, Murphy, Plano, Richardson, Round Rock and Southlake. Three more locations are opening soon in Houston and Spring Cypress.
Sprouts operates more than 150 stores throughout Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.