New Hope Natural Media, Boulder, Colo., has released the names of the finalists of its twice-annual NEXTY Awards. The award is given to products that display true innovation, inspiration and integrity with the purpose of bringing more health to more people. Tthe vast field of finalists displayed high standards in transparency, sustainability, packaging, use of ingredients and give-back missions.
"The NEXTYs were created to recognize the most game-changing and inspiring products in the CPG market today, and our 2016 Expo West NEXTY finalists all fit that bill," says Carlotta Mast, executive director of content and insights at New Hope. "Picking the winners in each category was a tough task for our judging panel of industry experts."
To determine the winners, New Hope's content and standards team narrowed the field of more than 500 submissions down to three finalists each in 19 categories. Next, seven esteemed industry judges were brought in to select the winning product in each category, which will be revealed on March 12 at Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California.
The 2016 NEXTY Award Finalists are:
- Best New Mission-Based Product: Back to the Roots Organic Stoneground Flakes; Frontier Co-op Saffron; HimalaSalt
- Best New Transparently Sourced Product: Ethical Bean Coffee Ground Sweet Espresso; Gaia Herbs Maca Powder; Health Warrior Chia Bars
- Best New Natural Kid's Product: California Kids #superclear Zit Balm; Oilogic Essential Oil Roll-¬Ons; Zellee Organic Fruit Gel
- Best New Snack or Convenience Food: Bitty Foods Chiridos Cricket Flour Snack Chips; Karma Nuts Wrapped Cashews; The Naked Edge Veggie-Go's Strawberry Chia Bites
- Best New Sweet or Dessert: Heavenly Organics Chocolate Honey Patties; Torie & Howard Chewie Fruities; Vixen Kitchen Paleo Vegan Gelato
- Best New Condiment: Burma Superstar Burma Love Laphet (Fermented Tea Leaves); EPIC Provisions Duck Fat Cooking Oil;Victoria's Garden Grown Spicy Red Bell Pepper Dressing
- Best New Organic Food or Beverage: Kamut International Kracklin' KAMUT; Maple Hill Creamery 100% Grass-Fed Whole Milk Kefir; Rishi Tea Turmeric Ginger Chai Concentrate
- Best New Special Diet Food: EPIC Provisions Turkey Cranberry Sage Bone Broth; Follow Your Heart VeganEgg; Miyoko's Kitchen European Style Cultured VeganButter
- Best Packaging: Alter Eco Compostable Quinoa Pouch; Back to the Roots Organic Stoneground Flakes; Dear North Alaska Smoked Sockeye Salmon
- Best New Beverage: Global Family Farms Sherpa Power; Global Gardens Group Inc.Veggemo; Pok Pok Som Soda Turmeric
- Best New Frozen Product: EatPops; Salty Girl Seafood Coho Salmon with Lemon Pepper & Garlic; The Jackfruit Company Jackfruit Nuggets
- Best New Meat, Seafood or Meat Alternative Product: Dear North Alaska Salmon Bites; Good Seed Good Seed Patties; Pure Traditions Mountain Sticks
- Best New Beauty Product: Mother Dirt AO+ Mist; Radico Colour Me Organic; RADIUS USDA Organic Toothpaste
- Best New Ingredient: DDW, The Color House Purple Corn Concentrate for Color; Glanbia Nutritionals HarvestPro Pea Protein 83E; Sioux Natural Veggan
- Best New Supplement: Gaia Herbs Daily Wellbeing: Men's & Daily Wellbeing: Women's; Natural Factors BioSil On Your Game; Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega 2X
- Best New Organic or Non-GMO Supplement: Natural Factors Whole Earth & Sea product line; Nature's Dynamics Vegan Garden Gummy line; SOTRU Medicinal Mushroom Drink Mix (Organic, Fermented)
- Best New Supplement Delivery Format: NeoCell Joint Bursts; Premama Fertility Reproductive Support Powdered Supplement; UAS Laboratories UP4 ADULT CUBES
- Best New Pet Product: Joyful Bath Co. Bathday Natural Dog Soap, Lavender & Oats; The Honest Kitchen Bone Broth; Vibrant Companions Joint + Hip
- Best New Natural Living Product: Back to the Roots Water Garden; bamboobies Bamboo Reusable Nursing Pads; New Wave Enviro Alkaline Pitcher Filter
Additional content on these finalists is available here.